For autumn 2017, based on feedback from customers about course types and venues, we have scheduled the following CASPA training.
Please consider booking early – we keep numbers smaller than in the past to enable more discussion.
The booking forms can be printed and completed, then, posted, or scanned and emailed. Alternatively, the booking forms are ‘fillable’ PDFs to allow you to edit the fields electronically – please ensure you save your changes carefully before emailing to us.
Please note that all courses are full day courses, opening for registration and refreshments at 8:45am for a 9:15am start and finishing at 3:30pm.
Target setting, tracking & analysis workshop
To explore using CASPA as an integral part not only of your target setting but also tracking throughout the year and reporting at the end of the year.
This training is designed for CASPA users with some experience. Attendees must be able to bring their own pre-populated CASPA installation on their laptop – instructions to copy the live CASPA installation will be provided. Please note that this course is not suitable for new users.
The programme for this training includes the following:
- Setting the scene – key features of target setting
- Setting aspirational targets for pupils and validating against whole-school aspirations
- Tracking progress towards targets throughout the year
- Reporting on end of year target success
End-of-year Analysis Workshop
To focus on typical end-of-year reporting with attendees’ own school data in order that attendees can obtain practical experience in a safe environment that encourages deep exploration and probing of data and reporting, with assistance. There will therefore be an emphasis on ‘analysis’ rather than ‘reporting’.
This training is designed for CASPA users with some experience who now want a chance for guided hands-on exploration of end of year reporting, and answers to any questions they may have. Attendees must be able to bring their own pre-populated CASPA installation on their laptop – instructions to copy the live CASPA installation will be provided. Please note that this course is not suitable for new users.
Each of the training days will include the following:
- In-depth exploration of typical year-end reporting, such as:
- Target vs actual reporting for individual pupils and for groups
- CASPA’s ‘traffic light’ graph and key stage reporting
- Ensuring accuracy and suitability of data used for analysing progress
- Numerous opportunities to explore data and reporting using your own data
- Time for open questions
Introduction to CASPA
To focus on analysis of attainment and progress of pupils, exploring analysis at the whole school level, for groups of pupils, and for individual pupils.
This training is designed for new CASPA users, those wanting a reminder, and for self-taught users who want to get the best out of CASPA.
CASPA is well known for its benchmarking and users will learn how to interpret analysis and make appropriate benchmarking selections, whether for internal use or for use with external agencies such as Ofsted.
The Introduction to CASPA training day explores:
- CASPA fundamentals – principles of benchmarking
- Individual pupils – exploring data and detailed analysis
- Analysis for the whole school and for groups of pupils, including:
- CASPA’s ‘traffic light’ graph (aka Comparison of progress vs expectation)
- Key Stage reporting
There will also be an opportunity after the training finishes to discuss individual queries.
We track requests for training so please let us know your preferences by emailing [email protected]