Submitting your data to us is normally pretty quick and easy, and your data really does play an important role in CASPA’s benchmarking.
If you have any questions at all about doing this, please don’t hesitate to just pick up the phone and give us a call.
Make sure your data is with us by the end of term so you can sit back and relax!
What will happen?
All exports will result in an anonymised export being generated and emails automatically created for you to send directly to us.
Two emails will be created – please send both as one has the export file attached and one doesn’t. Some email systems could block the sending of the email with the attachment so if we only receive the ’empty’ email, we know you attempted to send it and can get in touch to find a different way for you.
For LA licence holders, you can still also export to the LA. To ensure your data is guaranteed to get to us, send the anonymised export emails and send to your LA if they are collecting.
How do you export your data?
The following outlines the process.
You may see other messages displayed on screen to keep you informed, but the following gives you the key elements.
- Depending on the type of installation you have, use the relevant menu option. Either:
- File | Export assessment data | Export anonymised CASPA data for transfer to RSE Insight Ltd, or
- File | Export assessment data | Export CASPA data for transfer to the CASPA LA Module
- If you are an LA/Group licence-holder, you will be asked to confirm whether you are exporting to your central team
- For all users, CASPA checks the integrity of your data (critical database-level checks) and validates your data (data entry errors). If any issues are found, you will be advised and you can view the report to correct before re-running the export.
- If all is OK in the step above, CASPA will next help you to create two emails; one with the export file attached, and one without. Please ensure you send both so we can track arrival of your data in the event email security is particularly harsh and doesn’t allow the attachment through.
- CASPA will identify the email system Windows thinks you use and ask you to either confirm this or choose another option. If you use the Windows-identified email system, CASPA will attempt to create and populate both emails for you to simply send
- If you use a different email system (eg webmail), CASPA will step you through what needs to be pasted into the emails – CASPA will do all of the copying for you – you just need to paste
- For LA/Group licence holders, assuming you selected that you are exporting to the LA/Group, CASPA will now check whether any CASPA-generated targets exist that have not been verified. If any are found, you will be advised and options given to export anyway; view the data found; or cancel the export in order that you can amend these target levels. The export file will then be created and you are advised where it is saved in order that you can transfer to your LA/Group team.
For LA central teams
Even though schools may send anonymised data directly, please carry out the following. There is every possibility that email systems block the odd school sending their anonymised data. Many LAs record data for other schools, that data also needs to get to us. And most LAs carry out their own LA-level reporting. So there are many reasons why you should populate the CASPA 2021 LA Module and ensure we get your exported data before the end of term.
Firstly, please ensure you are using the CASPA 2021 LA Module. This is a new installation for this academic year and both CASPA 2019 and CASPA 2020 LA Modules are able to run at Build 126.96.36.199 so go to Help | About and check that it clearly states the it is a CASPA 2021 LA Module. If not, you will need to arrange for it to be installed – please contact us for the installer information.
- Import school data returns via the menu option File | Import CASPA data return from school. Select either the file or the folder (if only one file) to import the file.
- As soon as you are ready to send your data, go to File | Export assessment data | Export anonymised CASPA data for transfer to RSE Insight Ltd
- CASPA checks the integrity of your data (critical database-level checks) and validates your data (data entry errors). If any are found, you will be advised and you can view the report to correct before re-running the export.
- If all is OK in the step above, two emails will be created; one with the export file attached, and one without. Please ensure you send both so we can track arrival of your data in the event email security is particularly harsh and doesn’t allow the attachment through.
Please ensure that all of your data is sent to us before staff go on holidays. We occasionally hear that schools have sent their data to the central team but no-one sent it to us. Schools find this terribly frustrating and it is a wasted opportunity. We don’t mind if you send what you have, and send updates later if a school you were waiting for subsequently sends their data to you.